Wednesday 10 July 2013

Let's get this started!

So... my husband and I are building a house in a suburb in Cape Town. I am a bit late with starting this blog as the building started already in March this year, I always wanted to blog about the building process but life happened, by that I mean I gave birth to a baby boy in February, my first child, and I my first ever experience of what sleep deprivation torture feels like, so five months later I have started this blog...better late than never... right?! Well I am obsessed with houses and although we have been through quite a bit of stress with the whole building transfer process (our transfer took nine very stressful months to go through), I am still LOVING it!



This is our plot. It is situated in an eco friendly estate with a 2km lake. The lake is next to our neighbours house on the right hand side, we should have really good views of the lake from the main bedroom upstairs. Our home will have a South East entry and will face North West. All homes in the estate have to be built Cape Cod style and no high walls allowed! With a 11 month old hyperactive golden retriever, this might be a problem.


View of our plot from across the pond.


This is the Jetty next to our house. Again, this might pose a problem as we have a 3 year old golden retriever that is OBSESSED with water, and I have a feeling the estate frowns on dogs swimming in the lake.


I hope you enjoy following the progress of our home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment