Thursday 26 September 2013

Taking a break

Since we started building I feel like all my husband and I speak about is the house. There are so many decisions when you build a house. Just the other day we had to make a decision on whether we wanted cornices or not. I didn't even know what a cornice was and I have never taken notice of them. So to get a break from house talk and decision making, we took a last minute mini roadtrip to the beautiful Elgin valley and Onrus. Truth be told, all we spoke about was the house but at least we had delicious wine and beautiful views to enjoy whilst doing so.

Our first stop was at an apple farm called Galileo in Elgin. I was so pleasantly surprised by this accommodation, the photos on the farm's website do not do it justice. "The shack" as it is named was a little cabin on an island surrounded by water and beautiful views of the valley. I felt myself totally relax and unwind from the minute we arrived. Not to mention our dogs had the time of their lives swimming in the dam while we sat on the deck, in fact they played in that dam until we went to bed. 












I would highly recommend this place if you feel like relaxing. http://www.galileofarm.co.za

Our next stop was a place called Kennedys Beach Villa in Onrus. What excited me about this accommodation was that it was pet friendly. We often have to sacrifice luxury when we travel with the furkids, so being able to stay in a 5 star establishment that oozes romance and still being able to bring the dogs was a plus in my book.

We stayed in "The Villa" which is self catering and very private. The best part.... it has its own mini milkwood forest that leads down to the river and beach, and if you stay in the villa, this whole area is exclusively yours.

The decor is old world charm which adds to the romantic ambiance.



A bath in the forest anyone? This was magical!




The view from your private beach area


From the river up to the milkwood forest



http://www.kennedysathermanus.com/

A short but much needed break. Now it is back to business!


No comments:

Post a Comment